Windows Server 2003 reaches end of support on July 14, 2015. If you continue to run workloads on Windows Server 2003 past that date you risk higher expenses and serious compliance issues.
Running the latest software on new server hardware means you get fully supported and more powerful servers. With new hardware, you can reduce operational costs, including power consumption and energy. Adding Windows Server 2012 R2 enables your business to use your server hardware to its full capacity, while reducing your server footprint and simplifying management. You can expect up to five times better virtualization host support and four times better physical memory to optimize available server capacity.
In addition, modern servers with Windows Server 2012 R2 better position your company to take advantage of hybrid cloud services. Here are some of the driving factors to upgrade today:
- Latest technology. New hardware is more energy-efficient. When you add Windows Server 2012 R2, you also get cost-effective support for storage, disaster recovery, and remote access.
- Full support. New hardware is more secure and includes warranties for available parts and service.
- More powerful servers. More power means improved processing and throughput for server hardware.
- Reduced server footprint. Virtualization enables you to get more from each server and eliminate server sprawl.
- Simplified management. Standards-based management streamlines compute, storage, and networking.
- Preinstalled for simplicity. Setup is faster and easier.
The reason to upgrade has arrived! The 2003 operating system reaches end of support on July 14, 2015. Without a supported operating system there’s an elevated risk that your critical server data can be compromised. This type of threat has the potential to disrupt and even implode your business. Ask yourself these important questions:
- How long could our business last if we lost this key server or the stored data?
- Do we have the time and resources to migrate to a new server today?
- What server operating system will we migrate to?
- What steps should we take to protect our business from this type of loss?
DTS has solutions to secure your environment and properly plan the migration of your server. Don’t wait to protect your critical server data. Give us a call today at 952-516-7900!