Cloud Services are the future of business automation. Those services range from cloud-based IT to business-focused “as-a-service” offerings. Those offerings can be the foundation of injecting the latest technology and placing the business on a more even playing field with its competitors.
Cloud Services, for example, can be a cost-effective way of bypassing IT capital expenses. Those services can be outsourced and become a virtual IT department for the business. You hire the equipment, processing capability, and the team of experts to look after your virtual network and IT support system. Services range from network monitoring and management to reliable and safe off-site backup.
Likewise, the “as-a-service” offerings are expanding, becoming more sophisticated, and they are replacing the traditional shrink-wrapped out-of-the-box software. They have also migrated to traditional maintenance and IT management tasks—Infrastructure as a Service, to name just one. Here’s why your business should move to the cloud.
- Cloud services cost less than in-house IT. For example, setting up and running a business data center is an expensive and technically challenging process. Outsourcing to an off-site, secure data service becomes a manageable operating cost, rather than a growing capital and maintenance expense.
- Going to the cloud provides flexibility. Businesses can run their IT as a mobile operation. Employees can work from remote locations and complete their tasks from anywhere. Cloud services are more secure than ever. Virtual private networks with accompanying encryption and privacy protection have changed the landscape of cloud security.
- Cloud services are scalable. Business growth no longer has to be accompanied by increased capital investments in equipment and software. Cloud services include additional server space and higher capacity on demand. Businesses can budget accompanying increased costs as IT upgrades. With cloud services, you pay for what you get and only for what you use.
- Cloud services are a hedge against disaster and data loss. Cloud servers are located off-site in hardened and secure locations. Going to the cloud removes the requirement for elaborate data backup plans and processes. The data is safely stored elsewhere. Reliable and automatic backup is also the foundation of an effective disaster recovery plan.
- Cloud services provide a professional approach and safeguards in promoting cybersecurity. Cloud technology is a target of hackers, but built-in privacy and accessibility safeguards provide a stronger defense than most businesses can do on their own.
If you’re looking to implement cloud services, contact Definitive Technology Solutions today.